Keeping your urinary tract healthy and clean.
A clean urinary tract is the best way to avoid UTIs. Here are some easy ways to maintain the health of your urinary tract.
- Drink water. The average adult should drink about 64 oz. of water every day. Drinking water helps flush toxins from your body.
- Urinate and wash your genital area before and after sexual intercourse. Bacteria can travel into the urinary tract during sexual intercourse.
- Go to the bathroom as soon as you feel the urge. Don’t hold it in.
- Wear cotton underwear. Natural fibers allow your body and skin to breathe.
- Reduce your caffeine intake. Caffeine can irritate the bladder, and as a diuretic can cause you to be dehydrated.